The Search Bar

Friday, March 14, 2014

Day Ten of Lent

In my attempts to better understand the Catholic faith and my own journey converting, I'll be spending this Lent doing a daily reflection of things I've learned. The faith encourages reflections on subjects like this (even the Pope reflects!) so I figure I'll reflect through writing. As always, my understanding of this is noobish so forgive any wrong conclusions and do feel free to correct me where needed. Here we go. 

Today, the blackbook talked about an issue that my Lent is pretty focused on: Trusting in God. The author points out that a lot of bad stuff happens in this world and, for some reason, God tends to not interfere. He can. He can change it at a whim, but he doesn't and that bugs me (like it does most people).

I don't understand why and not understanding something frustrates me. I like to understand things. I like to know how it all works. But with the Lord, I don't really understand. I guess. Over and over and over again and often times I guess wrong. But I can't stop guessing ... I figure I'll hit upon something right before long.

I need to trust God more, yes. I grant that and I want to do that, but wanting and doing are two different things. I feel like turning to the Bible more is a good step in doing that and I've been doing that more of late (it helps when you have the Bible at my fingertips on my smartphone). Ease of access is awesome for that.

Is it helping? Some. Not as much as I would like. I'd like it all spelled out but if my life is any indication, things will only be spelled out when I die. And even then I won't really get it, it'll take a long time to fully understand it.

Which isn't a bad thing.

Trusting in God is difficult. Striving to trust is difficult. Which means it's a good thing, I think.

Thanks for reading, folks. God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment